Welcome on my website! I’m glad you are here.
„Photography is my Bridge between facts and emotions. A link between mind and soul. You are What you feel (…) is my creed” – Radek von Hirschberg
Radek took his first steps in photography in the 1980s in the city of Jelenia Góra, to which his artistic pseudonym refers. However, the mundane aspects of life took priority over his passion and pushed him on a different track. After more than three decades, he has returned to photography, which over this period has undergone a technical revolution. One thing has not changed though – the unlimited possibility of creation, experimentation and self-expression through this form of art. And this is what Radek enjoys the most.
Mostly mountains and people appear in his lens, as well as clouds, which for Radek are an inseparable element of landscape photography. The camera is an indispensable part of his everyday life, which results in reportage series and street photography. He is an enthusiast of natural light, but does not avoid working in the studio. Most often he focuses on the substance, although sometimes he is only interested in the form. His open mind does not allow him to limit himself to the mainstream fields of photography – among his works we can also find conceptual, architectural photographs and, as he somewhat self-ironically calls them, postcards. By the way, it is worth seeing Radek’s portfolio.
Radek’s works have been awarded, published and exhibited in Poland and abroad. They can be found in institutional and private collections as well as at collector photography auctions. The photographer also works with international modeling agencies and fashion houses.
Radek creates all the time. He is preparing for several expeditions, sessions and exhibitions. It is worth returning to this page from time to time, as it is updated regularly.
As Lennon said: you have to tell yourself you have talent and then believe in it. Referring to this quote, Radek says: “As part of my photographic hobby, I put on my John Lennon glasses and tell myself that what I’m doing may appeal to others, and maybe even captivate them for a while. And if I’m wrong – I still enjoy what I do.”
- Winner in the competition of Gazeta Wyborcza, “Switzerland-Places to which I return” (Category: Landscape / Mountains);
- Winner in Contest “Photography Tells”, Jeleniogórskie Towarzystwo Fotograficzne (Category: Mountains);
- Place Winner (Silver, Bronze, Finalist) in OneEyeland’s World International Contest in the Black & White category (Category: Architecture, Fine Art, People, Portrait);
- Place Winner (Silver) in OneEyeland’s Photo Contest (Category: Street Photography);
- Place Winner (Bronze, Finalist) in OneEyeland’s Photo Contest in the Fine Art category (Category: Landscape, Architecture, Panoramic, Conceptual);
- Place Winner (Finalist) in OneEyeland’s Photo Contest (Category: Travel);
- Five Honorable Mentions in the Monochromatic Awards – International Black & White Photography Contest (Category: Nature, Photojournalism, Portrait);
- Four Honorable Mentions in the BIFA – Budapest International Foto Awards (Category: People – Portrait, Editorial – Fashion);
- 2nd place in the Avalanche Competition, Ruda Slaska (Category: Mountains);
- 3rd place and two Honorable Mentions in Chromatic Awards – International Color Photography Contest (Category: Portrait);
- 3rd place and two Honorable Mentions in the IPA – International Photography Awards (Cetegory: Architecture, Industrial, People), New York;
- Honorable Mention in the Black & White Spider Awards – International Photography Competition (Category: Mountains);
- Honorable Mention in the XXVII National Photo Contest (Category: Portrait);
- Honorable Mention in the 15th edition of the National Portrait Competition (Category: Portrait);
- Three Honorable Mentions in the International ND – Neutral Density Photography Awards Contest (Category: Mountains);
- Honorable Mention in the 6th edition of MonoVisions Photography Awards – International Black and White Photo Contest (Category: People);
- Five Honorable Mentions in Chromatic Awards – International Color Photography Contest (Category: Landscape, Photomanipulation, Portrait, Fine Art);
- Honorable Mention in the IPA – International Photography Awards One Shot / Color Photo Contest (Category: One Shot – Color, Architecture);
- Three Honorable Mentions in the Annual Photography Awards, “The Real Faces of the Independence March“ (Category: Photojournalism);
- Winner in Contest “Photography Tells”, Jeleniogórskie Towarzystwo Fotograficzne (Category: Golden Hour);
- Winner in Contest “Photography Tells”, Jeleniogórskie Towarzystwo Fotograficzne (Category: Water).
- Exhibition Melancholy – Mystery – Solitude – Silence, Lodz, Poland;
- Vivid Gallery Exhibition,Warsaw, Poland;
- International Exhibition Lab Rome’22, Rome, Italy;
- International Art Fair – 15th Edition Palazzo Bembo, Venice, Italy;
- Exhibition XXII Biennale of Mountain Photography, Jelenia Góra, Poland;
- Exhibition at Nadszaniec Gallery on the Day of the Flag of the Republic of Poland, II National Photo Contest “Lens on the Flag”, Zamość, Poland;
- Exhibition Worlds (Un)possible, Warsaw, Poland;
- Post-competition Exhibition, “Jelenia Góra and Jeleniogórzanie“, JTP, Jelenia Góra, Poland.
- publication in One Eyeland Book – Best Of The Best Photographers;
- publication in the book Nova Ars Poloniae;
- publication in international magazine OPiUM;
- publication in the internatonal magazine VIGOUR;
- publication in the international magazine Le Desir;
- interview in PENG Magazine;
- publication in the international magazine VIGOUR;
- publication in a French magazine L’ATTIRANCE;
- publication of photographs and an interview in the international magazine MALVIE MAGAZINE;
- publication in the international magazine VIGOUR;
- publication in the international magazine PENG;
- publication in Gazeta Wyborcza newspaper;
- publication in the international PENG Magazine;
- publication in European Foreign Affairs Magazine, The True Faces of the Independence March.
- Autumn Art Auction, Prague, Czech Republic;
- XXXI Charity Great Heart Auction, Cracow, Poland;
- Charity Auction at Mazovian Auction House, Warsaw, Poland;
- XXXIII Contemporary Art Auction, Polish Auction House, Lodz, Poland.